Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Go Speed Racer!

Tonight was Nate's Cub Scout Pack's Pinewood Derby. Silly me, I volunteered to bring the refreshments; not realizing I would have to take it up a notch from the usual granola bar or cookie! After many days of pondering, one of my co workers suggested something she saw done for an Easter treat. I tweaked her idea a little bit, and came up with these:


I started with these supplies: 1. Use a Ho Ho for the body of your car. Add two dots of frosting on each end of the Ho Ho.
2. Place a Reese's piece or M & M on each dot of frosting to make head lights and tail lights ( 4 total ; 2 on each side)
3. Add two more dots of frosting on each side of the Ho Ho and place a Keebler mini shortbread cookie on the dots of frosting.
4. If you want to make it fancy you could add a Hershey Kiss or Chocolate Star on top .

Not bad for a last minute treat! These little cars would make a cute cake topper for a Birthday cake, too!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails