Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Diet Coke Chocolate Cake

Thought I'd share a fun recipe today. Sunday I was craving a chocolate treat, and Jessica suggested that we make the cake that she had eaten at Mutual. She had been raving about it. Since anything with the words Diet Coke and chocolate in it have my 100% approval; I thought we would give it a whirl! I called my friend who gave me the recipe (she got it from her sister who is a heart health educator at the hospital. So apparently, it is also a healthy choice option! Hooray for me!). It is very simple:

1 box of chocolate cake mix (we used devil's food)
1 (120z) can of Diet Coke

Mix together. Spread batter in a greased 13x9 in cake pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Just warning you it does not come out light and fluffy, it is fairly dense. It tastes wonderful, though. It is best with a dollop of whipped cream on top (so much for healthy options. Oh, well!).
You can replace yellow cake and Diet 7 up if you are not a chocolate fan. I'm thinking about adding a can of light cherry pie filling into to the batter next time for variety.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I forgot all about Diet Coke and chocolate cake mix. It what I am serving tonight! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails