Friday, February 12, 2010

A Few Beauty Tips

I have to admit I am reaching the age where I'm starting to care that there are little lines forming in strategic areas of my face. It makes my very sad to admit that saying I'm 29 is no longer kosher (for several reasons). No body should have to worry about zits and wrinkles at the same time, right? Anyway, I hate to pay an arm and a leg buying facial washes and scrubs geared toward my skin type and not be happy with them. I have discovered that Noxzema skin cleansing cream (the kind in the blue tub that my mother would slather all over my sunburns every summer of my childhood) works just as good as anything. It cleans my face without being to greasy or drying. My next problem though, was the dry flaky patches that have appeared since the start of winter. Fed up, I mixed a teaspoon of baking soda into about a tablespoon of Noxzema, wet my skin and rubbed the concoction all over my face (I don't recommend using this on your eyes; too abrasive). After gently scrubbing, rinse it off and viola, my face felt refreshed and no more flaky patches. Witch Hazel makes a great astringent; plus a cosmetologist told me witch hazel helps tighten the facial skin, minimize pores and WRINKLES (Yoo Hoo!). I will admit that I did break down and buy a jar of wrinkle reducer the other day (with a coupon, of course). As for zits, make a paste of baking soda and water. Place in on the zit for a few minutes and then rinse it off. The baking soda kills the bacteria and shrinks the pimple faster. A little bit of toothpaste placed on the pimple will do the same thing (and reduce the redness).Also, mixing your foundation into your lotion helps it go on smoother, and it helps stretch your foundation further.
This is totally off topic, but I just thought of it. You can also mix a tablespoon of baking soda into a palm full of shampoo, and wash as usual. The shampoo won't lather as much, but it still works great, and it will remove the product build up in your hair. I lather up, scrub, and let the shampoo sit in my hair for a couple of minutes before I rinse it out. Follow with some conditioner. It amazing the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails