- The challenge will begin November 1st and end on November 15th.
- Prepare all meals with items found in your pantry, freezer, etc.
- You may purchase minimal dairy and fresh produce.
- Be creative with your menu.
- Post about your experiences and link back to the Eat From Your Pantry Challenge.
- Include the Challenge button in your post or side bar.
- All participant who follow the rules will be entered for a giveaway!
I decide if I was going to cook from my pantry I had better plan out my menu for the week (Yes! Miracles really do happen!) I have dutifully inventoried (and cleaned out) my pantry and freezer (See this is good for me already...... three miracles in one day!). Here is this weeks menu:
Baked butternut squash
Potato broccoli soup
(Sunday's leftover potatoes, brocolli, and cheese sauce will be used in the soup. Leftover hoagie buns will be turned into garlic bread.)
Sausage Biscuit Casserole(from Losing It Here)
Mashed potatoes w/ brown gravy
Crustless pumpkin pie (from The Frugal Girl)
(Leftover squash will be used to make crustless pumpkin pie.)
BBQ Chicken sandwiches
Sweet potato fries
Jello with cubed pears(the kiddos love jello w/ fruit in it)
Date Night (Woo Hoo!)
Kiddos get Corn Dogs and Macaroni and Cheese(from a blue box)
The goal this week is to use up all the odds and ends of fresh produce from my Bountiful Basket. If you notice potatoes on the menu quite frequently, it's because I do live in Idaho (we are famous for potatoes!) and my father in law brought us 100 pounds of free potatoes (straight from the fields....WOO HOO!). So, all you brave souls out there in blog land, come join me in my two week challenge! Our pantries and freezers will get cleaned out before the holidays, and our groceries budgets will see a little relief, too!