Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This Week's Menu 12/13

"A Day Late And A Dollar Short!". That should be my middle name! Every year, about September, I faithfully promise myself that I am going to simplify Christmas.....and be organized. I kept this in the back of my head; around Halloween I started picking up a gift here or there. November I faithfully wrote out detailed notes (a blue print if your will) of how Christmas 2010 was going to go down. I even had several Pow Wows with Dear Hubby (a.k.a. date night) to make sure we were on the same page....check, and DOUBLE check! Yup, this years was going to go off without a hitch. There was even going to be time to spare! Oh wait, I forgot I have children...one, two, three, FOUR of them (five if you count Dear Hubby). They just keep throwing projects, concerts, and activities my way; all willy nilly! Sweet Moses! I can't even catch my breath! Oh well, at least THE PLAN was well executed in theory. Now, I'm down to Plan B.......fly by the seat of my pants, and hope for the best!!!!

( I have gotten a few things done. Just not enough!)
 
Woo Hoo! Now that I have that off my chest, I feel much better! Here is my belated menu for this week:

Sunday 
(this is Child #1's Birthday dinner request, a little bit late)
Chicken Alfedo
Green Salad 
Triple Berry Cheesecake

Monday
French Toast 
Orange Juice

Tuesday 
Pizza Pasta
Sauteed Crookneck Squash
Green Salad ( trying to use up a surplus of lettuce)

Wednesday
Turkey A La King
Buttermilk Biscuits
Baked Hubbard Squash
Green Peas

Thursday
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Tomato Soup
Sliced Oranges

Friday
Date Night 
Something easy for the kids

Saturday
Navajo Tacos (aka Chili and Fry Bread)
Lettuce and Tomatoes
Pudding Salad


5 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great! I am sure everything will come together and Christmas will be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menus always look so good. As always, I am willing to come and help eat, should you make too much food! Haha!

    About simplifying Christmas, this year I just put up my very favorite decorations. It took a lot of stress from me. So far I have not done the tree - I have an 8 month old kitten who is into everything and I am terrified he will knock it down. I may still put it up this weekend but so far I am actually liking the stress-free-ness of not having to deal with it. Next year when the cat is full grown I hope he will be more mature and I won't have to worry about the tree so much. (I actually don't care about the tree falling as much as I worry about my precious ornaments falling and breaking!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do awesome!! Don't stress!! Once again I want to eat at your house this week! Sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, sister! I, too, thought I'd be all organized and way ahead of the game this year. I'm making many of my gifts (knitting) and have been working on them for months. And yet, here I am again, 4 days until Christmas, running around like a crazy woman. I'm starting to wonder if that's just part of Christmas for me. =D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails