Sunday, June 26, 2011

This Week's Menu 6/26: The Back on Track Edition

 (Last week's Bountiful Basket)

I've really missed not having a formal menu written down. Accomplishing all the last minute odds and ends that accompany camping (with a large number of girls) left little time for cooking well balanced meals. We ended up piecing together last minute meals, or hitting the dollar menu.  The continual trips to the fast food drive thru's definitely took a chunk out of our grocery budget ( I am not very proud of the fact, either). After spending the greater part of yesterday cleaning up the kitchen (and the pizza boxes); I'm ready to get back on track with a regular menu, and a healthier diet (fast food DOES NOT qualify as healthy).

Last week Monday I was so busy, I forgot to order a Bountiful Basket. It worked out, though, because the boy's at home didn't eat many fresh fruits or veggies. Most of the previous weeks basket is still in the fridge, and needs to be eaten, A.S.A.P.. There was also leftover food from camp that needs to be used, and I will be incorporating those items into the menu. I am also going to work on cleaning out the freezers (they need to be defrosted before the garden starts producing full throttle).So, this week we will be eating:

Sunday
Dutch Oven Potatoes
Fruit Salad
Green Salad

Monday
Leftover Potatoes
Grilled Hot Dogs
Home Canned Peaches

Tuesday
Chicken Taco Salad (new recipe)
Chips and Salsa

Wednesday
Baked Pasta
Green Salad

Thursday
Turkey A La King
Buttermilk Biscuits
Home Canned Applesauce
Steamed Cauliflower

Friday
Leftover Night

Saturday
Omelets (using up odds and ends from the fridge)
Fried Potatoes
Banana Bread
Any Fruit That Needs Eaten

Anything good on the menu at your house this week?

3 comments:

  1. as Swiss chard is growing in the garden, it'll be on the menu, but I haven't the faintest idea what to do with it!! welcome home and thanks for this post, TWM, as I needed the reminder to defrost the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For various reasons it's been tough for us to follw our menu plan this week - I don't have the sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu look delicious...especially those dutch oven potatoes!! I really need to get down to business and plan my menu this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails